SLAM has an opening in our Glastonbury, CT office for a Senior Project Manager with healthcare experience. The ideal candidate for this position will bring strong management skills and acumen, team leadership, and client relationship skills. This position will involve owner interaction and coordination of the work of project teams. The Sr. PM’s responsibilities will include developing and maintaining project workplans, budgets, and schedules. The candidate should have writing skills and an understanding of contract language sufficient to generate proposals and consultant agreements.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the project team through the life of the project including: SLAM staff architects, interior designers, structural engineers and landscape architects, coordination with various consultants
- Continuously collaborate with P-I-C and/or internal team members;
- Maintain positive communications with colleagues, clients, and consultants.
- Ability to plan ahead, develop and express concepts accurately and rapidly, manage the project team and meet deadlines
- Client contact representing firm/team on projects
- Assist in marketing efforts, may attend interviews
- Preparation of consultant contracts, monthly processing of consultant invoices,
- Minimum of 10 years of healthcare project management experience of small and large-scale, complex healthcare projects;
- Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program;
- Strong presentation, communication, organizational, team building, collaboration and communication skills are a must;
- ACHA accreditation preferred, but not required.
- Highly motivated, good team player with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, collaborate with large multi-disciplinary teams, and work well under deadlines;
- Exhibit proficiency in MS Office and Revit;
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.