SLAM has an opening in our Boston, MA office for an Architectural Designer with 3-5 years of experience. In this role you will work closely with project teams in a collaborative studio on varied projects with a focus on public education. Candidates for this position will be able to take direction, work independently, be a team player, gracefully handle changing and evolving directives, and have the ability to complete tasks accurately and within deadlines
The Architectural Designer performs routine architectural assignments under the supervision of one or more senior architects. The AD produces work supporting the designs of others, compiles data, performs design computations, and prepares architectural plans and renderings.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Continuously collaborate with P-I-C and/or internal team members;
- Develop and express concepts accurately and rapidly to meet deadlines;
- Attend client meetings in-house and at client sites;
- Support the needs of both internal and external clients;
- Maintain positive communications and work with colleagues and clients;
- May consult manufacturers and evaluate materials;
- May have responsibility for writing architectural specifications
- Exhibit proficiency in Revit;
- Utilize excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work independently and as part of an effective team, while effectively and gracefully handling changing and evolving directives;
- Ability to work independently with proficient organizational and time management skills;
- Highly motivated, good team player with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, collaborate with large multi-disciplinary teams, and work well under deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
BArch or March degree; Licensure not required.