SLAM Construction Services has an opening in our Glastonbury, CT office for an Assistant Superintendent.
The Assistant Superintendent is responsible for assisting the on-site Superintendent in the day-to-day operation and management of SLAM Construction Services projects and/or manage smaller projects independently. Assist or manage key trades and activities, track daily progress, monitor site safety, and develop and maintain strong working relationships with the trades, owners, and architects throughout the project. Act as a point of contact for subcontractors, building owners and managers, engineers, architects and others.
Key Responsibilities include working with the senior Superintendent to:
- Supervise on-site construction activities by sub-contractors and laborers.
- Direct field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications.
- Monitor construction schedule, identify and solve problems, and report any issues.
- Monitor and report on quality control issues, compliance to the documents, defective or non- conforming work to Super or PM.
- Identify and report material and scheduling needs throughout the construction process to the Site super.
- Document jobsite details and report on progress daily.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, inspectors, and others.
- Monitor and Promote job site safety, monitor trade JHA.
- Conduct trade on boarding.
SLAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Ability to comprehend construction techniques and sequencing.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- Ability to perform interior layout and basic survey for line grade and elevations
- Ability to read and implement schedules
- Ability to plan, organize, and precisely implement and manage duties.
- Ability to effectively deal with vendors, team members and Owners with tact and diplomacy to collect accurate information.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks independently.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience equivalent to 4 year degree or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the responsibilities noted.
- 5 years’ experience in General trades, on site construction supervision and proficient in at least 3 trade skills preferred.