The Senior PM is responsible for planning, coordination and control of a construction project from the inception through construction. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the clients are kept informed and involved in the process and ensuring that the construction project is concluded successfully by performing the following duties personally or through others:
- Coordinates, schedules, assigns, and monitors work performed by all subs and suppliers, conduct detailed technical inspections or ongoing and completed construction work, read and interpret plans, specifications, and contracts, track, monitor and record projects;
- Evaluates specifications to plan procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction;
- Orders procurement of tools, equipment, and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules;
- Breaks down scope of work into assignable trade packages, bids and negotiates contracts for the work and maintains overall budget and budget responsibility for the project
- Responsible for continuously monitoring project progress with respect to the status of the plan and the budget and providing a weekly status report to Senior Management;
- Managing client communications and needs
- Conducts construction activities within federal, state, and local environmental rules and regulations.
SLAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Minimum requirements are a Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in multi-million commercial/institutional construction. experience with education or healthcare projects a plus.
- Strong Team building and leadership skills
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with Architects and trades to address design and construction issues.
- Proficiency in Excel, Procore, and MS Project or P-6.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong understanding of construction techniques.
- Strong scheduling skills.
- Strong work ethic, pride in work, team orientation, acute attention to detail and a desire to learn;
- Ability to work under tight timeframes and balance multiple assignments;
- Adept at understanding, managing, and tracking project GMPs and financial information related to the project.