The candidate will provide structural engineering design on a wide range of projects, assisting a senior staff member in the completion of day-to-day project assignments. Work will include computer modeling of building foundation and superstructure systems, design of structural elements, preparation of structural contract drawings/specifications and construction administration tasks. Responsibilities will include the application of standard engineering design principles and sound engineering judgment to accomplish work assignments. Will keep clear records of all design calculations and work product. Some company paid travel to project construction sites/project coordination meetings may be required. The potential candidate will work in the Glastonbury, CT (Hartford) office.
• Minimum requirements are a Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, Masters of Science degree a plus
• One or more years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design. Recent college graduates will be considered for this position
• Knowledge of concrete and steel design codes required, masonry and wood design codes a plus.
• Will possess knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices
• Will have knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues.
• Ability to work in Revit a plus
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Detail oriented with strong people and team skills
• Ability of obtain PE/SE license preferred
SLAM offers a great working environment & benefits in a non-smoking workplace environment. EOE