This junior level open position presents an opportunity to join the Orlando, FL office of SLAM, a growing national firm of 250+ employees with offices in Atlanta, Boston, CT, Denver, Iowa City, LA, Orlando, and Philadelphia. This position represents an opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the firm, working as a member of our well-established interiors studio.
Overview of Job Description:
- 1-5+/- years of experience working as an interior designer, preferably working on corporate, healthcare and/or education projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design
- Basic understanding of the architectural design process and integration of interior design, including programming, planning, design development, construction documents and overall project execution
- Design, presentation, and documentation support working with lead interior designers on multiple aspects of project execution and delivery
- Basic working knowledge of FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color selections and material selections, and specifications
- Product research skills
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent listening, and communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of an effective team.
- Self-starter, responsible, organized, highly motivated and detail orientated
- Creative thinker with problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, deadlines and ability to work on various projects concurrently
- Oversee interiors resource library, including liaison/coordinator of activities between outside sales representatives and the interiors studio
- Experience with Revit required plus knowledge of Photoshop, Enscape, InDesign, Sketch-up and/or 3-D Studio Max preferred.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee
SLAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.