The Architectural Designer performs routine architectural assignments under the supervision of one or more senior architects. The AD produces work from the designs of others, compiles data, performs design computations, and prepares architectural plans and renderings.
Strong technical skills and acumen, team leadership and client relations skills are required.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Continuously collaborate with P-I-C and/or internal team members;
- Develop and express concepts accurately and rapidly to meet deadlines;
- Attend client meetings in-house and at client sites;
- Support the needs of both internal and external clients;
- Maintain positive communications and work with colleagues and clients;
- May consult manufacturers and evaluate materials;
- May have responsibility for writing architectural specifications;
- Exhibit proficiency in Revit;
- Utilize excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work independently and as part of an effective team, while effectively and gracefully handling changing and evolving directives;
- Ability to work independently with proficient organizational and time management skills;
- Highly-motivated, good team player with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, collaborate with large multi-disciplinary teams, and work well under deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
BArch or March degree; Licensure not required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
SLAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.